In this article, we will discuss What is The best emergency survival kit for one person for our opinion, what it an EDC kit, and what is our favorite brand.
We have experienced lots of survival kits brands and we truly recommend “Ready to go survival’s EDC kit” as The best emergency survival kit for one person as it small enough so you can carry it with you anywhere and all the time, has all the essentials tools that we describe in more details below, assembled with the best products and by survival experts.
In case that you are looking for a survival kit that you can carry with you every day and everywhere “Ready to go survival’s EDC kit” is the best emergency survival kit for one person.
Please note that our website uses affiliate links, using them you will earn us a small commission, no cost for you to do so, Thanks!.
EDC survival kit – Ready to go survival, best emergency survival kit for one person
Keep it in your purse, backpack or car, the EDC kit is something you carry with you every day while on the move. In case of an emergency, you need to have the basic tools to protect your respiratory system, self-defend, communicate, charge your phone battery, and disinfect any potential pathogens. Weighing in at just 3.17 pounds, here’s a rundown of what’s in the unit and why.
The major thing about an emergency is that you never know when it is likely to happen.
While to some extent we can predict natural disasters, there is always the possibility that the effects are harder. And of course, we have to deal with disasters caused by people.
In the city, the effects of an emergency are heightened due to the possibility of wreckage present in the air and hostile survivors, the EDC kit is the Best emergency survival kit for an urban disaster.
Fortunately, this EDC kit provides you with the necessary safety needs in any environment.
To protect the eyes and lung from the dangerous remains in the air, the kit is equipped with a pair of safety goggles and three N95 masks. These low-profile goggles fit comfortably into the glasses and easily adapt at any time.
Why goggles? Any damage to the surrounding structures could mean that there are small rocks and glass particles in the air. This is the same reason why you want to put the mask as fast as possible if the air contains pollutants.
Dust, residues and other building materials can cause severe respiratory disease and even cancer. These masks can protect you for a few hours from air pollution.
More than 3 pounds, the EDC kit is the Best emergency survival kit for city dwellers, travelers, and offices because they can easily be stored in a backpack or a mid-range bag.
And because it’s fully tested on the ground, you have peace of mind and you know that everything will work when you need it.
- MASA: 3 lbs
- DIMENSIONS: 8 x 8 x 10 in
- BUNDLE: standard, + Eton Crank Radio
EDC KIT CONTENTS:
These items are designed to protect you from injury when you moved to a safe place.
What inspired the addition of these articles is a large number of airway injuries that occurred on September 11th.
Many people who have managed to evacuate a building are severely hurt by inhaling toxic substances, which could be minimized, if not completely prevented by having the right gear for protection.
(1) Uvex S3970DF Stealth OTG Safety Goggles: The Uvex S3970DF Stealth OTG Safety Goggles, coupled with earplugs and an N95 mask will (also included) will protect your orifices from debris and contaminants.
(4) N95 Mask: In the years after September 11th, thousands of emergency workers suffered terrible respiratory diseases and cancer, breathing dust after the towers had collapsed.
In the event that you are gotten in a similar scenario, ensure that you cover your face with an N95 mask or a damp cloth to evade harms to your lung.
Regardless of whether the occasion occurred a couple of days or weeks, there are as yet destructive contaminants noticeable all around that you need to keep away from no matter what.
If this is a true SHTF scenario, look for medical help after the fact may not be an option.
These masks are affordable and lightweight, but they have to be changed every few hours to maintain their performance in contaminated environments.
(4) Sets of Ear Plugs: These delicate, low-level ears are comfortable for different activities. Simple to roll foam easily inserts into your ear and expands to a comfortable custom fit.
Super comfortable foam guarantees hours of pleasant noise and sound protection. The devices offer a noise reduction of 31 dB.
(1) SOL Emergency Blanket: The most cutting-edge emergency blanket that can be found in the market – carefully designed in such a way that it will never fail when relying on your life.
A great quality material – vacuum-metalized polyethylene has the ability to reflect 90 percent of your body heat, and offers additional important features that put it above the traditional Mylar blankets: it easily opens, and will not shred if nicked or punctured, rips and tears can be repaired, they are quiet and will not crinkles in high winds and high visibility orange outside allows rescuers to find you easily. Sized to fit one particular individual.
(1) Bandanna: Has a variety of applications and usages
(2) Pair of Latex-Free Surgical Gloves
(3) Datrex Emergency Water: Safe drinking water is probably the most important thing in reserve in the event of a catastrophe. The 125 ml sachets of Datrex purified water are easily dispensed, and the loss is reduced to a minimum simply because of durable packaging, it has a 5-year shelf live.
(1) Disposable Lighter: When you are not in the mood to do so in an old fashion, we’ve included 2 disposable lighters to help you start a fire. Even if they are included in our packages, we recommend the use of magnesium fireworks to become acclimated for starting a fire in primitive conditions.
(2+) Bandages and Alcohol Prep Pads: you can immediately disinfect and treat small cuts and scrapes.
(15) Antibacterial Hand Wipes(Wet Ones): this can be used to wipe and clean any part of the body from the residue or grit.
(1) Lysol To Go: Can disinfect on contact.
(1) Eton Crank Radio (Optional add-on item): The FR1 is designed to protect you while charging and ready for information. Perfect for everyday use or in the event of an emergency.
Small enough to fit into an emergency kit backpack or glove box, FR1 has many features in a very compact format.
And it’s enough to charge most smartphones, play songs and news, receive weather alerts and turn on the night.
Stay tuned with this AM / FM / NOAA digital radio with display and alarm clock. Connect your favorite headphones for solo listening.
To charge the smartphone, simply plug your charging cable into a USB port. Press the “CELL” button and it will start charging on the phone.
- LED flashlight
- USB smartphone charger
- Crank charging
- Receives AM/FM/Weather band
(1) Storm Whistle Emergency Whistle: This whistle creates a high-efficient clear sound with 75 percent greater power than other referee and safety whistles.
Another interesting feature of this whistle is that it can be heard underwater, up to 50 feet.
Not only will the S & W Extreme Ops knife provide a way to protect you against potential attackers, but comes with a seat belt cutter and a glass breaker for added functionality.
As far as zip ties are concerned, you probably can write a book about all the things you can do, but the main application for EDC survival kit is to fix/fasten gear and allow you to remember someone who is a potential threat.
(1) Smith & Wesson Tactical Ops Knife w/ belt cutter & glass breaker: This knife comes personally and it is recommended by Roman from RTGS.
Its utilitarian features include a seatbelt cutter, glass breaker, and a razor sharp edge, making it ideal for personal protection and first aid functions.
- Handle Length: 4.5″ (11.4 cm)
- Blade Length: 3.5″ (9.0 cm)
- Steel: Stainless
- steel locking Mechanism: Linerlock
- Handle: High-Impact Composite
- Seatbelt Cutter
- Window Breaker
- Pocket Clip
- Weight: 4.3 oz
(1) Roll Duct Tape (50 feet): Duct tape has a lot of uses; it would probably need the entire book just to look at the features. Here’s a short list of things you can do with God’s gift to man … Duct tape!
- Repair a pierced hydration bladder, jacket, tent, glasses, footwear, canoe, etc
- Create a first aid sling
- Bond shelter elements together
- Splint a broken fishing pole
- Make a drinking cup
- Create a belt
- Create arrow fletching
(10) Large Zip Ties: Zip ties have comparative uses to Paracords, yet they are more qualified to specific things due to their inflexible and apparently unbreakable power. Here are a few things the zip ties can be utilized for.
- Place markers: Use them to mark your trail through unfamiliar terrain
- Secure a light fixture above you while camping out
- Hold wooden poles together to improvise a survival shelter
- Temporarily restrain unruly individuals
- Create a snare for catching prey
- Secure a tent in place
You can read more about backpacks in my article here!
So if you are looking for the best emergency survival kit for one person, ready to go survival’s EDC kit is the one.
I also love the other kits that they offer and I recommend to check them out here.